8/31/10

Goodbye Old Friend


Goodbye old friend. I know you're packing your bags. There has been such a closeness between us that when you cried I tasted the salt. Jes' yesterday I noticed a change in you. I shudda' seen that ramblin' fever coming on. There wuz a snake in the grass, too. I see sheddin his skin signs all over the place.

If you'll stay I'll rub your back and we'll tawk about when you'll be coming back again. I'll get slicked up and dressed up and we'll live life the fullest. Thet devil Fay messed with our state of mind when she stormed through here on her way to Indiana. Ike just blew his nose at us and kept goin'.

Fly away with me Summer. I got money for the juke box, a few rounds of moonshine and we can be drunk by 5:00 sumwhere. I hear Fall will be here tomorrow and she's bringing a whole passle of youngins with one on the way. I hear sheeze gunnin' for Ike. I'd admire the rich if they weren't so miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment